Friday 11 April 2008

Done for Now

I've had another go at cleaning my sensor this morning. After methodically cleaning all my lenses, I decided to persevere with the sensor in the 5D. First I tried using the Arctic Butterfly and I did remove a number of specs, but there was one big speck that just kept sliding around, I could even see it with my eye on the sensor (if I caught the light just right). So, what next? I tried using a Giottos Rocket Air blower to blow the bit out, so with the camera held in the air, sensor facing the floor, a squirted a few blasts of air into the chamber. It seems to have done the trick. There are still a few small spots in the last test shot but it's a heck of a lot better than it was. I wonder how long it will be before I need to go through this exercise again?

No comments: